Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS)
Service users, carers, or relatives may not always know where to go for help or information. This is where the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) comes in.
What does PALS do?
- Provides patients with information about the NHS and helps them with any other health-related enquiry.
- Helps resolve concerns or problems when using the NHS.
- Provides information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if a patient wants to make a complaint.
- Provides information and helps introduce patients to agencies and support groups outside the NHS.
- Informs patients about how they can get more involved in their own healthcare and the NHS locally.
- Improves the NHS by listening to patients’ concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues raised.
PALS Contact Details
- By telephone on 0800 015 4334 during normal office hours, Monday to Friday (excluding public bank holidays). Your telephone call will be free from a BT landline. Please note, telephone calls from other networks, for example, a mobile telephone, may be charged. If patients inform us that they are calling from a mobile telephone, we can return their call directly.
- In writing to the following address:
Patient Advice and Liaison Service, Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust, Woodfield House, Tickhill Road Site, Weston Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 8QN.
- By email to email@example.com
- By fax to 01302 796003.