Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
As a service user, carer, or relative, you may not always know where to go for help or information. It can often be a worrying or confusing time, especially when you, or someone you know, is unwell. This is where the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) comes in.
What does PALS do?
- Provides you with information about the NHS and helps you with any other health-related enquiry
- Helps resolve concerns or problems when you are using the NHS
- Provides information about the NHS complaints procedure and how to get independent help if you think you want to make a complaint
- Provides you with information and helps introduce you to agencies and support groups outside the NHS
- Informs you about how you can get more involved in your own healthcare and the NHS locally
- Improves the NHS by listening to your concerns, suggestions and experiences and ensuring that people who design and manage services are aware of the issues you raise.
How do you contact PALS?
- By telephone on 0800 015 4334 during normal office hours, Monday to Friday (excluding public bank holidays). Your telephone call will be free from a BT landline. Please note, telephone calls from other networks, for example, a mobile phone, may be charged. If you inform us that you are calling from a mobile phone, we will return your call directly.
- In writing to the following address:
Patient Advice and Liaison Service, Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust, Park Lodge, St Catherine’s, Tickhill Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 8QN
- By email to email@example.com.
- By completing a Your Opinion Counts form. Please tell us about your experience of using our services by completing an electronic version of our Your Opinion Counts form. Alternatively, Your Opinion Counts forms are available in all public areas of Trust premises.
Please note: PALS is unable to give medical advice. Should you require this, we suggest that you contact your family doctor or, alternatively, contact NHS Choices on 0845 4647 or visit their website at www.nhs.uk.