Through the national Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) initiative, RDaSH is dedicated to providing healthy food options for NHS Staff, Patients and Visitors.
Our Key Targets for 2017 are:
- To ban price promotions on sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt
- The banning of advertisement on NHS premises of sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt
- The banning of sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt from checkouts
- Ensuring healthy options are available at any time, including those for staff
How will we do this?
- We will engage our staff, patients, visitors and volunteers so that we know what they would like
- There will be updated catering and café services at our outlets with the introduction of 24 hour vending areas
- We will remove foods high in sugar, fat and salt from our checkouts and we will no longer advertise them
- We will promote healthy eating across the Trust with a poster campaign useful web links and evidence based practice in collaboration with our Centre for Nutrition and Behaviour
- We will develop nutrition training for our staff
- We will build links that support our community through working locally and nationally with partners
RDaSH are proud and dedicated to be improving health through good nutrition.
Look out for the team in your area – we will keep you posted about further developments for 2017/18.
Click here to download the Healthy Eating poster.
For further information please contact: Donna Perry, Clinical Research Studies Officer Telephone: 01302 796927 Email: email@example.com
Lisa Grandcourt, Head of Facilities Telephone: 01302 796001
Charlotte Warrington – Head of Catering Telephone: 01302 798364