ELECTION NEWS 2020
Our 2020 elections will soon begin and we have a number of opportunities for Foundation Trust Members who may be thinking about standing as Governors.
Our vacancies include:
- Doncaster Public (TWO seat)
- Rotherham Public (ONE seats)
- North East Lincolnshire Public (ONE seat)
- Rest of England Public (ONE seat)
- Mental Health Service User (ONE seat)
- Community Services Service User (TWO seats)
- Specialist Services Service User (ONE seat)
- Learning Disability Services Service User (ONE seat)
- Mental Health Carer (ONE seat)
- Community Services Carer (TWO seats)
- Specialist Services Carer (ONE seat)
- Learning Disability Carer (ONE seat)
- Community Nursing Staff (ONE seat)
- Social Care Staff (ONE seat)
Nominations for governor open on Friday 14 August and close on Tuesday 1 September. Voting will then take place and the newly elected governors will be announced in early October 2020.
Voting will take place afterwards with the results announced at the beginning of October 2020.
If you want to know more about the Governor role, then here are some frequently asked questions and Governor video:
Do Governors need special skills to nominate themselves?
You need to:
- Be over the age of 16
- Have an interest in your local health services
- Have good interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of people
- Have enthusiasm, commitment and can work as a team.
- Can draw on experiences in other roles, for example volunteering, at work or in your personal life.
If you are a service user/patient or carer then you will have used our services in the last five years or cared for someone who has.
How much time will it take?
It is important that the time commitment is not underestimated when deciding whether or not to stand for election.
- Four formal meeting each year (one of which will incorporate the Annual Members Meeting)
- Attendance at public meetings and events
- Working groups and committees
- Visits to services
- Attending training to support you in carrying out your role
- Attending members drop ins or community events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for any further information or to arrange a call to discuss this exciting opportunity.