Results are now in
Doncaster Public – Kathleen Green (Elected)
Rotherham Public – Sally French (Uncontested)
Rotherham Public – Mohammed Ramzan (Uncontested / Re-Election)
North Lincolnshire Public – Stuart Wilson (Election)
North Lincolnshire Public – Christine O’Sullivan (Re-Election)
Rest of England Public – Edward Ryder (Uncontested)
Mental Health Service User – Daniel Marshall (Elected)
Community Services Patient – Maerryn Richards (Uncontested)
Nursing Staff – Sue Casling
AHP/Psychology Staff – Colin O’Neil
Non Clinical Staff – Jo Perkins
Mental Health Carer – Eileen Harrington
(Uncontested / Re-Election)
Look out for more details of your new Governors over the coming weeks.
Want to know more about the Governor role, then here are some frequently asked questions and Governor video:
Do Governors need special skills to nominate themselves?
You need to:
- Be over the age of 16
- Have an interest in your local health services
- Have good interpersonal skills to communicate with a range of people
- Have enthusiasm, commitment and can work as a team.
- Can draw on experiences in other roles, for example volunteering, at work or in your personal life.
If you are a service user/patient or carer then you will have used our services in the last five years or cared for someone who has.
How much time will it take?
It is important that the time commitment is not underestimated when deciding whether or not to stand for election.
- Four formal meeting each year (one of which will incorporate the Annual Members Meeting)
- Attendance at public meetings and events
- Working groups and committees
- Visits to services
- Attending training to support you in carrying out your role
- Attending members drop ins or community events.
You can contact the Foundation Trust Office on Freephone 0800 015 0370 or 01302 798135 or email email@example.com for more information or take a look at our guide here: Governors’ guide 2018
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more by contacting Cheryl Watkinson, Membership and Engagement Facilitator, on freephone 0800 015 0370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We now have our own Foundation Trust Membership pages on Facebook and Twitter, check us out at: