Our Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Nurse Specialist Service provides:
- Nurse-led clinics problem-solving, assessment, lifestyle advice, support.
- Symptom management
- Initiation and monitoring of disease modifying treatments (where appropriate)
- Patient information programmes
- Sign post to other disciplines/agencies, for example physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy
- Advice and education sessions for professionals as well as patients
Our MS specialist nurses can also be present at consultant and multi-disciplinary clinics.
How we help:
- If you have a question about your MS or treatment options
- If you are concerned by any symptoms you are experiencing
- If you think you may be having a relapse
- If you are finding it difficult to cope with any aspect of your MS
- Prescribes and advise on medication
We are also able to offer:
- Clinic appointments (Hospital and Community)
- Face to face appointments, either in the patient’s home or wherever they may be, including in hospital (if appropriate)
- Telephone advice
Who can use our service
In order for people with MS to use the service, they must be under a consultant neurologist or clinically isolated syndrome.
Telephone: (office) (01302) 798164/796336.
9am – 5pm Monday – Friday except bank holidays
If the telephone is not answered please leave a short message and contact details on the answer machine and the MS nurse will respond to your call.
Got something to say? Tell us
Your views are important to us and your feedback is key to shaping and enhancing the services we provide.