The Doncaster Community Nursing Service provides planned and unplanned home based nursing care for adults (aged 18 years and over) 24 hours a day.
The service is central in supporting adults to remain in their own homes, maximise their independence, and improve their health outcomes and quality of life. It provides healthcare, as a single agency or in partnership with other agencies and specialist services, to residents of Doncaster.
Once an appropriate referral has been received, a clinician from the team will visit to discuss and plan the help and cares that are needed in each particular situation. This help may include one or more of the following:
- Holistic assessment
- Case management
- Treatment and symptom management for acute and chronic conditions
- Palliative care and end of life care
- Wound care management
- Pressure area care including assessment for equipment and manual handling requirements
- Medicines administration and management via differing routes and devices including certain intravenous antibiotics
- Work with people and other community services to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
- Continence services including assessment, management and advice to those with indwelling catheters
- Health education and health promotion advice.
Referrals to the service are all made via the single point of access (SPA) 24 hours, seven days a week. Visit requests most often come from your GP or the hospital; they may also be made by patients, carers and other professionals.
Telephone: (01302) 566999
Referrals to the service are all made via the single point of access (SPA) 24 hours, seven days a week.
For more information, please download our leaflet by following this link.
Got something to say? Tell us
Your views are important to us and your feedback is key to shaping and enhancing the services we provide.