The Neuro Rehabilitation Outreach Team provides an integrated rehabilitation service for adults in Doncaster with a neurological diagnosis to help them regain their optimum level of physical, cognitive, communicative, social and behavioural function.
We provide treatment in the most appropriate environment for our patient’s specific needs, usually in their own home, a hospital site, or local amenities.
We aim to help provide a seamless service between the areas rehabilitation provision, which includes:
- Inpatient assessment
- Rehabilitation provision at Magnolia Neurorehabilitation Inpatient Unit
- Community services
- Outpatient consultation and rehabilitation.
- Community matron
- Rehabilitation sister
- Occupational therapists
- Social care practitioners
- Clinical psychologists
- Speech and language therapists
- Rehabilitation assistant.
Our specialist nursing teams
We have three specialist nursing teams:
- Parkinson’s Disease Nursing Specialist
- Epilepsy Disease Nursing Specialist
- Multiple Sclerosis Nursing Specialist
- Provide individual programmes of care designed to achieve optimum recovery or maintenance function.
- Provide joint working across health and social care to support those with the most complex needs and regularly make joint home visits to assess the needs of both patients and carers.
- Provide good working relationships with other community based services such as district nursing teams to promote reduced hospital admissions and support patients to continue to live at home as their conditions deteriorate.
- The referring agency will state a clear legible reason for referral.
The patient must:
- Be registered with a Doncaster GP.
- Be over the age of 16 when assessed for suitability for the service.
- Have a confirmed neurological condition or working towards a diagnosis with neurologist involved.
- Be aware of the diagnosis. Where this is not the case, the reason(s) for this should be made known. The team will abide by the patient/carer, and/or medical decision regarding this.
- Be aware of the referral and be willing to participate in rehabilitation.