We provide clinical neuropsychology and clinical psychology to patients accessing neuro rehabilitation through our Neuro Rehabilitation Outreach Team and Magnolia Lodge.
What we do
Patients can be referred for assessment and intervention in relation to cognitive difficulties, behavioural changes or emotional difficulties which can occur as a result of a neurological condition, this includes:
- Formal testing and informal assessment of cognitive difficulties
- Providing cognitive rehabilitation strategies and advice regarding compensatory techniques to manage cognitive changes
- Providing therapeutic input to assist patients and families to manage changes in behaviour or day to day functioning
- Interventions aimed at improving mood difficulties and support to assist service users to adjust to the long term impact of living with a neurological condition.
Input is goal orientated and progress is reviewed on a regular basis. Patients who present with psychological difficulties not related to their neurological condition will be supported to access psychological therapy services that can better meet their needs.
Who can use our services
Patients are eligible to use our services if they are:
- Registered with a Doncaster GP
- Aged over 16 when assessed for suitability for the service
- Have a confirmed neurological condition or working towards a diagnosis with the involvement of a neurologist.
The agency referring must state a clear legible reason for referral and the patient/carer should be aware of the referral and must be willing to participate in rehabilitation.
The patient/carer should be aware of the diagnosis, where this is not the case the reason(s) for this should be made known. The team will abide by the patient/carer, and/or medical decision regarding this
Telephone: (01302) 796336, fax: (01302) 798027
We are open between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, except bank holidays.
If there is no one available, please leave a short message and contact details on the answer machine and we will respond to your call as soon as we can.