- Someone to talk to
- An audio clip explaining what happens
- National and local numbers
- You can write if you don’t want to phone or you can also e-mail, they try to get back within 24-hours
- There is a good information sheet on self-harm and a lot of other useful information.
The Rethink Advice and Information Service can be contacted on 0845 456 0455.
The Welcome Team are available to answer general queries including more information about Rethink and the wide range services it provides nationally. They can be contacted from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
The Advice Team are available to provide specialist advice on a wide range of mental health issues. They can be contacted from 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday.
Rethink’s specialist advisers are trained to deal with enquiries from people affected by severe mental illness, including those experiencing mental illness themselves as well as their friends, families and carers. The advisers have experience in a variety of issues concerning medication and treatment, legal rights, debt issues, welfare benefits, housing and community care.
- A site dedicated to the prevention of young suicide.
- A site dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by mental illness
- Lots of useful information and links to other good sites
- A great collection of information leaflets to download.
- Drugs can play a part in mental health problems
- Check out this site for information/advice
- A great site for information/fact sheets and centres around the country
- Self Help Guides produced by Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust http:www.ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp Titles cover a range of mental health issues