Patients are cared for by many different professionals including:
- A consultant doctor and medical team
- A named nurse, ward manager and nursing team
- The therapy team, including occupational therapy (OT) and physiotherapy staff
- Disciplines such as psychology, social work and pharmacy
- Staff from services such as advocacy and the Trust’s chaplaincy team
- The carer’s team and appropriate community teams.
Staff do not wear uniforms, but can be identified by their name badges, as well as staff photo boards.
Our therapy department works closely with the nursing team to provide activities both on and off the ward. These include self catering, arts and crafts, gardening, walking and games. A notice board on the ward provides information and and a timetable of events.
They support patients with their individual needs, including supporting independent living skills, taking leave from the ward, symptom management, reintegration back into the community and links with outside agencies.
Personal recovery plan
Everyone is offered the opportunity to develop their own wellness recovery action plan (WRAP) to support them in their recovery journey, and help them maintain positive mental health.
Patient experience meetings
Everyone is invited to attend the monthly ward patient experience meetings, which provide the opportunity for patients to have their say on the services provided and put forward suggestions for improvement.