Address: Forest Gate Day Hospital, Tickhill Road Site, Weston Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 8QN
Telephone: (01302) 796138
The Memory Therapy Service is a multi-disciplinary team of nursing, therapy and support staff providing individualised programmes of care supported by the wider multi-professional team including medical, and psychology and specialist services.
The service provides for assessment and treatment structured into three distinct care components:
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- Complex Care Services
Philosophy of Care
The Memory Therapy Service provides person centred approaches enabling the person living with dementia to reach their optimum potential and regain as far as possible an increased sense of wellbeing.
- Everyone can expect to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Patients can expect to be cared for safely and to have a Care Plan based on the assessment of their individual needs.
- All patients can expect care that is person centred, and which does not discriminate against their culture, ethnicity, gender, age, sexuality, religion and / or disability.
- Each patient’s care will encourage independence, self-esteem and personal choice.
- Staff will act in the best interests of the patients in line with professional Codes of
- Conduct, Mental Capacity Act, Organisational Policies, Protocols and Guidance.
- Patients and carers will be listened to, and have any concerns taken seriously and addressed promptly.
- Patients will experience care as compassionate, caring and coordinated.
- Patients have the right to support for their relatives and carers, and for them to be involved in their care.
Got something to say? Tell us
Your views are important to us and your feedback is key to shaping and enhancing the services we provide.
Useful leaflets and information
Please follow this link to download the Memory Therapy Service’s Information Prescription.
Please click on the images below to download our other leaflets:
BAME translated resources for people with dementia
Please find at this link, courtesy of the Race Equality Foundation, written, spoken and video translations of the latest guidance and communication for people with dementia and their carers. The materials have been translated into the following languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Kurdish, Punjabi, Portuguese,
Polish, Somali, and Urdu https://raceequalityfoundation.org.uk/health-care/covid-19-translated-materials-resources/