Here you will find a range of guidance to help to prevent you from being ill, as well as how you can support your child or young person too.
Guidance and resources for parents and carers of children and young people
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Family Resources – NSPCC Learning CASPER (current, awareness for policy, practice and research)
Health and Well-being Rooms
We’ve a number of health and well-being rooms. The rooms are a place where you can go for a short while, whether it’s a break, a cuppa or a chat with a friend. They are set up for you to be able to take time out and are available 24/7.
They are at:
– Swallownest Court – Greenfinch Room
– The Woodlands – The Activity Room
– Ferham Clinic
– Great Oaks (one room on each ward and a separate room for non-ward based staff)
– Liaison and Assessment teams
– Meridian House
– Tickhill Road Hospital
– Almond Tree Court
– Cantley Health Centre (Counselling room 2)
– Jade Centre (Room 2)
– Emerald Lodge
If any other areas want to replicate the room, please get in touch with Sarah Reynolds, Health and Well-Being by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Wellbeing virtual sessions to join in
Do you have a role in workforce, occupational health, organisational development, leadership, trade union support or other area that is supporting the wellbeing of our NHS people during and following the Covid-19 response?
You are very welcome to join NHS England and Improvement’s weekly virtual expert sessions! The sessions will be held every Wednesday between 4pm and 5pm.
The first session will be held this Wednesday, 8 April, featuring: Sonya Wallbank, National Clinical Lead, Health and Wellbeing Offer; Professor Neil Greenberg, Professor of Defence Mental Health, King’s College London; and Michael West, Visiting Fellow, The King’s Fund in conversation with Helen Bevan, NHS Horizons.
Everyone is welcome to join to find out about:
- The range of wellbeing support activities that are available to all our NHS people
- Compassionate leadership in a crisis
- The dos and don’ts of wellbeing support during this critical time.
Joining information is available here:
Everyone is welcome, so please do feel free to share this invitation with anyone who may find it useful.
Guidance for 20 minute care space
Team wellbeing huddle guide
In addition to our internal offer, the National Peoples team have expanded their offer, available at: https://people.nhs.uk/
Staff can now access coaching and mentoring through the site, and in addition there have been a number of guides created including:
- Personal Resilience
- Team Resilience
- Bereavement Support
- Creating a 10 minute ‘pause space’
- Financial wellbeing
- Supporting staff fasting during Ramadan
- Managing Stress
- Remote working
- Caring for colleagues
- The Recovery Phase