What is information governance?
Standards for controlling information by this Trust, for/by everyone who passes through our hands, or whose information we process.
Information Governance ensures necessary safeguards for, and appropriate use of, patient and personal information.
Why do we need it?
To show that we can be trusted to maintain the confidentiality and security of personal and corporate information
How do we do this?
Providing training and giving advice and guidance. Annually assessing ourselves against DoH requirements and DSP Toolkit
Key areas are:
- Your Information – Your Rights*
- Public Information
- NHS National Data Opt Out
- Caldicott Review
- National Data Guardian
- Common Law Duty of Confidentiality
- Caldicott Guardian
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Records Management*
- Records Retention and Disposal Policy
- Records Management Code of Practice for Health and Social Care Act 2016 (the Code) This Code which sets out best practice guidance on how long we should keep your patient information before we are able to review and securely dispose of it.
To contact our team click here
*currently under development