The TRS are a team of highly experienced and dedicated professionals from a range of backgrounds working together to promote and develop Trauma Informed practice and awareness across the Rotherham locality our professional skills include Clinical Psychology, Child Psychotherapy, Adult Mental Health Nursing and Social Work. The TRS work both systemically and holistically with both the local voluntary and statutory workforce supporting their intervention with CSE survivors and their families.
To always work collaboratively and remove the barriers that may prevent survivors and their families from receiving the care and support which they deserve without delay.
- To offer survivors choice around locally available resources and interventions and minimise delay.
- To improve the overall experience of survivors and increase confidence in local services.
- To promote the overall health and wellbeing of survivors and their families.
- To support survivors to give their best evidence whether or not they choose to participate in the criminal justice process.
- To develop effective and timely pathways of support for survivors and their families.
- To support timely and appropriate referrals for survivors
- To acknowledge the potential for vicarious trauma that may be experienced by Key Workers.
The Trauma and Resilience Service is committed to holding survivors and their families at the very heart of everything we do. We work collaboratively across both voluntary and statutory services, to develop effective and timely pathways of support for survivors and their families, whilst also acknowledging the potential for vicarious trauma that may also be experienced by key workers.