We are the school nursing team for the special schools in Doncaster covering Heatherwood School, Stone Hill School, Pennine View School, Northridge School, Coppice School and The Rosedale Additional Resource Centre (ARC).
We offer confidential advice and support on:
- Health needs assessment and health care planning
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- Health screening (hearing, vision, weight and height)
- Health and development needs
- Immunisation programmes
- Management of long term conditions
- Managing medicines at school and home including emergency medicine and pain management
- Continence support, assessment, help with toilet training bed wetting and product assessment
- Support and training for gastrostomy /naso-gastric feeding
- Home visits
- Supporting emotional health issues and life changes
- Referrals to other health professionals
- Working together to protect children and young people.
- Administer regular medication
- Manage seizures and emergency medication
- Assist with ‘in school clinics’.
Got something to say? Tell us
Your views are important to us and your feedback is key to shaping and enhancing the services we provide.