Rotherham Doncaster and South Humber NHS Foundation Trust Policy for the Care of the Bariatric Patient
The purpose of this policy is:
- Manual handling training of staff that may be involved.
- Support the provision of seamless care and a safe system of work for bariatric patients.
- Identify sources of expert advice and support.
- Optimise the comfort, dignity, and safety and wellbeing of all concerned, through high quality assessment, risk assessment, care planning and provision of specialist equipment.
- Reduce the risks to the patient and staff associated with manual handling.
- Support effective working practices with Yorkshire Ambulance Services, the Fire and Rescue Service, Foundation Trusts and Local Authority Services.
To download the policy please follow the link: Bariatric Policy V4
To download the EIA for this policy, please follow this link: Bariatric Policy v4 EIA